Sunday, February 24, 2019

Review: The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise

The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of those books that you know is about an emotional topic (tragically losing family members), but there are so many hijinks and funny moments along the way that you think you are safe from crying. Let me warn you; you are NOT safe. Dan Gemeinhart sucker punches you at the end with an emotional beating that will leave you scrambling for a box of tissues. But you'll feel good about it because after going on this long journey with Coyote, you will need to release all those emotions that she and Rodeo have been barricading behind their "I'm fine. You're fine. We're all fine." facade. Be forewarned that there is a four-letter word that appears many times throughout this book. For my school population & conservative community, I would be inclined to mark this book as "fifth-grade only."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment