Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Review: 24 Hours in Nowhere

24 Hours in Nowhere 24 Hours in Nowhere by Dusti Bowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Gus lives in Nowhere, Arizona, and he seems to be a "no one." In Nowhere, everyone is poor, and no one has much hope for the future except Rossi. Rossi is female dirt bike racer. She wants to win an upcoming competition so that she can attend a racing camp and win a new bike. However, when the town bully, Bo, tries to force Gus to eat a cactus, Rossi comes to his rescue by giving up her most-prized possession. In order to pay his debt to Rossi, Gus decides to venture into a deadly cave to look for gold. Gus is accompanied by one of Bo's cronies. Unbeknownst to Gus, they are followed by Rossi and his best friend, Jessie. The four of them will struggle to make it out of the cave alive.

I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this book through #BookPosse. As I was reading this book, I kept feeling like I was in the middle of the movie The Goonies. After finishing the book, I read the author's letter to the reader in which she describes her story as "Goonies-inspired," and it is certainly a fitting description. I plan on recommending 24 Hours in Nowhere to any student who tells me he/she doesn't like to read. This book is full of action and adventure, and it is sure to have readers holding to the edge of their seats.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment